Data Protection – Guidance for Halliwick Clubs and Regions
We realise that with the advent of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on 25th May 2018 and which will run alongside existing UK legislation on data protection (currently including the Data Protection Act 1998), clubs and regions are rightly concerned about how to manage their obligations as far as data protection is concerned.
Following our successful Halliwick event on 12th May 2018 at which a presentation on data protection and what it means for Halliwick clubs was given, we have put together some guidance for Halliwick clubs, designed to help clubs meet their data protection obligations.
- the documents downloadable here are for guidance only. They are not intended as model documents but, rather, as a starting point for you to work with and adapt to suit the particular organisation of your club and its needs;
- to that end, the documents will need to be adapted to suit the particular circumstances that exist within your club;
- Halliwick AST does not and does not purport to provide legal advice. Where necessary, club officers/trustees should seek their own legal advice.
- Here is a Quick Guide to GDPR for Halliwick Clubs.
- Here are the slides used at the data protection presentation given at the Halliwick Event on 12th May 2018 – they give you, in brief, the basics of what data protection is all about and what clubs need to do to comply with their obligations.
- You can download an example membership application form here. (This will need to be adapted to meet the specific needs within your club.)
- Here is a General Advice Note on Accountability Under the GDPR.
- In association with the NVCO, Protecture are hosting a free GDPR Webinar on 16th May 2018 between 11am and 12 noon. More information can be found about Protecture on their website at www.protecture.org.uk. If you would like to, please register your place on the Webinar here. (Halliwick AST is not responsible for the content of these links or the Webinar.)
If you have any queries in relation to data protection issues as they relate to your Halliwick club, then you are free to contact Halliwick AST’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) here.
Most of the information for clubs will apply to regions as well as clubs, although there will be a few differences. We aim to have a few documents specific to regions posted here in the very near future.
If you have any queries in relation to data protection issues as they relate to your Halliwick region, then you are free to contact Halliwick AST’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) here.